!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
IAF to hold air show over Srinagar’s Dal Lake on September 26
- More than 3,000 schoolchildren and college students will attend the show
- The main aim of the air show is to motivate the youth of the Valley to join the Indian Air Force and to promote tourism in the regiona
Supreme Court asks Centre to make appointments in tribunals in two weeks, give reasons if persons from recommended list are left out.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals announced that they have concluded post-marketing surveillance (PMS) study on Favipiravir (FabiFlu) findings reinforce the drug’s safety and efficacy in real-world settings.
- “Results show no new safety signals or concerns till date and side effects reported are in line with the known safety profile of the drug,” Glenmark Pharmaceuticals said in a statement.
- The study was initiated after Glenmark received restricted emergency use approval for Favipiravir (FabiFlu) for mild to moderate COVID-19: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
I heard both sides in Jan but I’m not investigating authority to take any decision. I suggested, they should go to police &report the incident & let the matter be probed. I’m still in favour of bringing accused to justice.
– LJP leader Chirag Paswan on FIR against LJP MP Prince Raj
Dr Reddy’s gets drug regulator’s nod for Phase III bridging trials of Sputnik light covid vaccine
Srei Infrastructure Finance says has no information from Its bankers on classification of loans availed by Srei group as NPAs
Maharashtra Home Minister Dilip Walse Patil:
I’ve called a meeting (regarding arrest of the accused terrorist from the State by the Delhi Police Special Cell y’day). Maharashtra ATS Chief, DGP Sanjay Pandey & Mumbai Police Commissioner Hemant Nagrale will be present at meeting.
Apple to bring iPhone 13 lineup to India from September 24 with prices starting at Rs 69,900
- Customers in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, India, Japan, the UK, the US, and more than 30 other countries and regions will be able to pre-order iPhone 13
- The iPhone 13 will be available for Rs 79,900, while iPhone 13 mini will be priced at Rs 69,900
- The phones will also be available through Apple Authorised Resellers and select carriers
- SS Kaler, who has recently resigned from the post of AAP’s State unit president
- He will contest against Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami from Khatima seat in 2022 Assembly polls
Chennai: Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin along with state ministers and DMK party workers pay floral tribute to DMK founder and former state CM CN Annadurai on his 113th birth anniversary.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin along with state ministers and DMK party workers pay floral tribute to DMK founder… https://t.co/vh1dMk5w1C
— ANI (@ANI) 1631681659000
Rupee inches 1 paisa higher at 73.67 against US dollar in early trade
Delhi likely to witness another spell of rain, IMD issues orange alert for Thursday
Final bids for Air India disinvestment today, Tata group also in race
New Gujarat cabinet is expected to swear in today at 4 pm
Greetings on Engineers Day to all hardworking engineers. No words are enough to thank them for their pivotal role in making our planet better and technologically advanced. I pay homage to the remarkable Shri M. Visvesvaraya on his birth anniversary and recall his accomplishments.
– PM Modi
Of 27,176 new cases, and 284 deaths reported in India in the last 24 hours, Kerala recorded 15,876 new COVID19 cases and 129 deaths in the last 24 hours.
One more accused has been arrested from Thane in connection with a case of gang rape of a minor girl. The arrested accused has been sent to police custody for 7 days: Pune City Police, Maharashtra
A total of 17 persons has been arrested so far in this case
284 deaths reported in last 24 hours in the country: Union Health Ministry
- Total cases: 3,33,16,755
- Active cases: 3,51,087
- Total recoveries: 3,25,22,171
- Death toll: 4,43,497
- Total Vaccination: 75,89,12,277 (61,15,690 in last 24 hrs)
India’s total Covid-19 cases reach 33.32 million, death toll at 443,497: Union Health Ministry
BJP’s Chacha Jaan, Asaduddin Owaisi has entered Uttar Pradesh. If he (Owaisi) will abuse them (BJP), they will not file any case against him. They are a team..”
– BKU leader Rakesh Tikait in Baghpat
India reports 27,176 new covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours
Sensex rises 117 points in the opening trading, currently at 58,364.90; Nifty inches 36 points, currently at 17,416.40
Maharashtra: Thane sees 197 new COVID-19 cases, 3 more deaths
A total of 54,60,55,796 samples for COVID19 tested up to 14th Sept. Of which, 16,10,829 samples were tested yesterday: Indian Council of Medical Research
Accused in case of minor’s rape & murder should be encountered. We will nab the accused and will encounter him. We’ll stand by the victim’s family. We’ll provide aid to the family. We will console them
– Telangana Minister Chamakura Malla Reddy
The depression over north Chhattisgarh & adjoining East MP weakened into a well-marked low pressure area over northeast Madhya Pradesh & adjoining region at 5:30 am. To move west-northwestwards across north MP and weaken gradually, says IMD
Majority of Americans disapprove of Biden’s performance after Afghan pullout: Poll
Pak terror module busted
Delhi Police Special Cell has busted a Pak-organised terror module, arrested 6 people including two terrorists who… https://t.co/JCRbKhIRz9
— ANI (@ANI) 1631625823000
PM Modi to launch Sansad TV today along with Lok Sabha Speaker and Vice President
Allahabad HC stays second suspension of paediatrician Kafeel Khan
Gold steady above $1,800 as U.S. inflation raises doubts on Fed taper timeline
In Ghaziabad, there are 21 active cases of dengue, out of which one patient is admitted to the district hospital & the rest are in private hospitals. On an average, 5 cases are detected daily. No patient is in serious condition
– Ghaziabad CMO Dr Bhavtosh Shankhdha
JEE-Advanced registrations deferred again due to delay in JEE-Mains results
Tamil Nadu reports 1,591 fresh COVID-19 cases
JEE Main Results
The first rank holders included Gaurab Das (Karnataka), Vaibhav Vishal (Bihar), Duggineni Venkata Paneesh (Andhra Pradesh), Siddhant Mukherjee, Anshul Verma and Mridul Agarwal (Rajasthan), Ruchir Bansal and Kavya Chopra (Delhi), Amaiya Singhal and Pal Agarwal (Uttar Pradesh), , Komma Sharanya and Joysula Venkata Aditya (Telangana), Pasala Veera Siva, Karnam Lokesh and Kanchanapalli Rahul Naidu, (Andhra Pradesh), Pulkit Goyal (Punjab) and Guramrit Singh (Chandigarh).
JEE-Main result: 44 candidates score 100 percentile, 18 share top rank
97 cases of dengue have been reported in Prayagraj, out of which 9 patients are admitted to hospitals. No death has been reported due to dengue this year so far: Officials
New Dehradun Covid Rule: no person will be allowed to enter pond/river/waterfall etc. in tourist areas like Sahastradhara, Guchupani and Mussoorie
- Only 15,000 tourists will be allowed on weekends
- Parking of vehicles will not be allowed after 5 pm on Mall Road in Mussoorie.
- In case of violation of orders, Rs 500-1000 will be charged as a penalty.
COVID-19 curfew extended in Dehradun district
- The Uttarakhand government has extended the COVID-19 curfew in the Dehradun district till 6 am of September 21
- Tourists who have done online registration on Dehradun Smart City Portal, must provide negative RT-PCR report 72 hours before arrival, hotel booking proof in Mussoorie.
Last date for nominations to Padma Awards-2022 today
Assam reports 493 fresh COVID-19 cases
5.0 magnitude earthquake strikes Andaman and Nicobar Island
US lawmakers demand action against Pak for ‘double dealing in Afghanistan’ – ANI
New Covid norms in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh administration to increase the number of guests at social gatherings from 200 to 300, or 50% capacity of banquet halls/hotels.
- Guests are required to compulsorily receive at least one dose of COVID vaccine or have negative RT-PCR report 72 hours prior to the event.